Mayfair Art Studio’s purpose is an affordable unique place where amateur and professional creatives can thrive.
- To establish a new cultural destination that creates a unique space for creative exchange and grassroots entrepreneurship that engages both amateur and professional artists in a holistic experience with daily participation programs that will be free or offered at a reduced rate.
- To increase access to the arts and creative enterprises to an isolated, high minority and under-served community.
- To improve the living environment in a blighted neighborhood by developing a dynamic arts center that provides daily cultural, economic and social activities that increase community vibrancy, civic engagement
- To engage multi-generational artists with Hispanic/Latinx and other residents and increase sharing of cultural traditions.
- To attract and retain creative talent within our community.
- To respond to increasing demand for affordable artist studios and co-work studios.
Mayfair Art Studios is located at 1885 Hayne Street, within the Arcadia Mill Village of Spartanburg, SC. The art studios occupy 20,000 s/f of the former Mayfair Mill no. 1 which also houses the apartment community, Arcadia Station Lofts.
Mayfair Lofts is just down the road and is located within the former Mayfair Mill no. 2.
If you are interested in renting an apartment at Arcadia Station Lofts please visit their website.
Chapman Cultural Center
Mayfair Art Studios is a division of Chapman Cultural Center, a local arts agency located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Our mission is to provide cultural leadership for Greater Spartanburg by developing, strengthening, and promoting the scope, excellence and educational role of the arts, humanities
Chapman Cultural Center provides major funding and education for many of Spartanburg’s arts and cultural organizations. Its educational programs serve more than 89,000 public and private school students throughout Spartanburg County.
Honoring our vision of providing cultural leadership, we branch out into Spartanburg County to advocate for the arts and culture of our region.
Chapman Cultural Center provides a voice for the arts, science, and humanities in community development, not just to attract tourists but to make Spartanburg a more vibrant place for its residents. We are committed to creative placemaking, community planning, and increasing Spartanburg’s livability.
You can visit us at 200 East Saint John Street, Spartanburg, SC or visit our website at ChapmanCulturalCenter.org
Monday 10am -7pm
Sat: 9am - 3pm